Attend our Virtual Volunteer Open House to Learn More About SCORE
Wednesday, September 30, 2020 from 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM PDT
Are you a current or retired business professional looking to give back to your community? You can use your experience and knowledge to help foster the entrepreneurial spirit of Monterey County! Join us for our virtual volunteer open house to learn about SCORE mentor and leadership roles. Register here!
SCORE volunteers provide confidential business mentoring services, both in person and online. We lead seminars and workshops to help small business owners meet their goals and achieve success. We help expand outreach of SCORE through marketing and alliance building in our local communities. We provide subject matter expertise by industries and professional skills.
Volunteering as a SCORE mentor means you are joining a community of 10,000 diverse volunteers who are all committed to helping small business owners succeed. Whether you have owned your own small business, come from a Fortune 500 company, retired, college student, have a sincere commitment for helping small businesses or volunteering, there is a place for you as SCORE volunteer.
As a SCORE Volunteer You Can:
- Share your success and expertise through mentoring
- Lead workshops and seminars
- Provide online or telephone mentoring directly from your home or office
- Serve in a leadership capacity with SCORE
- Serve within other capacity at SCORE (Marketing, IT, administration, finance, fundraising, HR, etc.)
- Have flexibility with your volunteering time
Benefits of Volunteering:
- SCORE volunteers enjoy a variety of personal, local and national rewards. As a SCORE Volunteer, you:
- Enjoy the satisfaction of contributing to the success of others
- Share great experience with other SCORE volunteers
- Provide leadership in the business community
- Gain recognition and respect as a business mentor
- Grow professionally and personally
- Participate in lifelong learning
- Make new friends